And it sounds incredibly awesome. All the efforts and time put in finally pay off. Wow, what a compressor !
The bypass system (true or ''hard'' bypass using relays) is installed. Time to close the top lid.
Waiting on the relay boards then I'll finally close the top lid.
After 5 days of troubleshooting the non-responsive threshold function (to only found out it was not my error, but only a short in the actual copper traces of the PCB), I finally have a fully working GSSL bus compressor. Only need to install a simple relay system to have a true bypass and I'll be done with this thing. (Of course, cutting the shafts, putting the knobs on and closing the top lid are also in my plans !)
Main board and turbo mod board connected.
Only things missing are to put in the IC's, fuse, the case ground and putting some heatsinks on the V regulators ! (and of course the knobs and some wire cleaning)
Toroid is installed in the case. Only need to do the grounding.
Just finished the angled holes for the flat screws holding the PCB's, toroid and ground lug in the case. Only need to wire the toroid and assemble the case now.
XLR connectors wiring is done, now on to the PSU
XLR's and PSU next..
Labels for the switches are done.
This may look more like a big mess rather than anything cool but it's actually really cool ! Since I got my last shipment today, I finally got to start the wiring. Switches, pots, meter leds and turbo board ratios are in.
Tomorrow: Finish wiring in the turbo board, XLR's, and hopefully the PSU + grounding.
It's starting to come together slowly..
All wired in.
Enclosure is finally here.
Original sifam knobs.
Turbo Mod board is completely stuffed.
Only waiting on the enclosure (that should come in at any time from now) and then it's time to put it all together !
Jumpers, diodes, IC-sockets, polyester, ceramic caps and tantalum caps are in.
R's are in. Jumpers, diodes, ic sockets and caps next.
Turbo mod PCB just arrived.
Ordered the components for the turbo mod a couple hours ago.. and they're already here !
Confirmed all R's are in there. Verified their value and organized them. Ready to start populating the PCB's.